OHSU Center for Health & Healing 2 (CHH 2) project adds two buildings totaling 715,000 SF to the existing CHH 1 facility at the South Waterfront. The 15-story mixed-use satellite outpatient healthcare facility includes ambulatory surgery, outpatient clinics, and clinical research labs for the Knight Cancer Institute. The 11-story building includes a 5-story above ground parking garage, a conference center, and a 5-story, 72-unit adult and pediatric guest patient housing facility to be operated by Ronald McDonald House Charities. The new buildings are connected to each other by a tunnel, and they are connected to CHH 1 by a 2-story sky bridge.
Multnomah County is replacing the 1923 McCoy building at 426 SW Stark with a new “modern, durable, flexible and efficient’’ nine-story building. The site takes up half of a block on Northwest Sixth Avenue between Irving and Hoyt streets. It was chosen in part to give residents easy access: It’s right on a MAX line. It will also have a special drop-off space for patients.